CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Weekend Highlights

This weekend was incredibly fun and exhausting, but mostly fun. At times it was a big "past meets present" fest, but that just made it more interesting. Friday I went to the university's production of "Our Town." It was really great - take a moment and enjoy life folks. Afterwards, a great game of Apples to Apples with old friends. Side note - I love when I hang out with people for the first time in several months and we are able to just pick right up where we left off.

On Saturday, Dan and I went backpacking around the Buffalo River. The trees were gorgeous. Here are a few highlights from that trip:
-We saw a herd of 15-20 elk on the side of the road, one of the bulls was MASSIVE.
-While driving to Erbie, I saw a dog on the side of the road with something in it's mouth. Upon closer inspection, it was a fresh bloody deer leg. Yum!
-We had a sweet campsite, complete with reclining couch and fire pit.
-I woke up in the middle of the night to a coyote howling about 40 yards away from me.
-Saw an old cemetary, an old farmer's house (with a sweet barn), and awesome views of the river.
-Learned how to off-road in a Honda Civic.
-Random puking incident in Harrison.

And the last, but definitely not the least, highlight of my weekend: pillow talk with Jordan - twice!

2 comments:

Cal said...

Sounds like an excellent Wes weekend! Get ready for another one!

Brian said...

Any weekend that ends in a random puking sounds fun to me!