CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, December 13, 2007

Dear Lord, Arf Arf.

This is quite possibly one of the cutest pictures I've ever seen. Yes I used the word "cutest." Don't hate. The dog looks like he is praying extremely hard. Maybe he really is. One of the greatest pleasures in my life is getting to pray with kindergarten and first grade kids at the Greenhouse. They have absolutely no reservations about asking God for silly things. I think that is something that is completely lost by adult Christians. We can ask God for ANYTHING, but alot of times we don't ask him because we think it isn't "important enough." I've resumed reading a book I started a couple of years ago at the suggestion of Callan. (Prayer by Richard Foster) Sometimes I get caught only talking to God when I need to ask him for something, but he wants to engage us in ways much deeper than that. We should talk to him as we would a best friend. Tell him frustrations, joys, praises, needs, talk about football with him. That would be fun..."Hey Jesus, how bout them Colts?"

1 comment:

Cal said...

We should discuss when you finish! I really enjoy Richard Foster's books.