CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, December 21, 2007

Excitement of things to come...

I thought I'd take this moment to blog before the weekend gets too crazy with family and holiday obligations. Yes, obligations. I'll smile and act like I'm having a great time though.

This will officially be my first Christmas away from my family. Why? BECAUSE I'M GOING TO COSTA RICA!! I'm ridiculously excited, just in case you couldn't sense it from the previous sentence being in all caps. My parents were cool with it when I first mentioned it to them before I bought the ticket, but now they are trying to make me feel guilty about it (pretty sure they are just joking though) Either way it is getting on my nerves. The following list are some reasons I am excited about going to Costa Rica.

-Warmth
-Going to the beach, tasting the salt water on my lips.
-Awesome fresh fruit
-Seeing all kinds of crazy animals in the rain forest, including but not limited to sloths, monkeys, frogs, snakes, birds, leopards, and jaguars.
-Coffee
-Whitewater rafting in the jungle
-Hiking a volcano
-Learning about a new culture

There are more buy my laptop battery is about to die and I'm too lazy to get the power cord.

I do have a prayer request for this trip. I am arriving on a different flight than Dan and his sister (I get there about 2 1/2 hours after them). Pray that we are able to find each other easily once I get there. Other than that, prayers of safety would be appreciated. I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas!

2 comments:

Cal said...

You will have an awesome time! Make sure you tell me all about it.

Cal said...

You will have an awesome time! Make sure you tell me all about it.