CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Sing to the moon.

I'm might be more overwhelmed right now than I ever have been.  Not by work, or life, or responsibilities....by music.  The pace at which I'm getting new music right now is much faster than the rate at which I can actually listen to it all.  I think it's safe to say that I'm probably getting on average about 4 or 5 new albums per week.  There are several reasons for this. 
1. The advent of Ruckus (and my subsequent knowledge of how to free my Ruckus songs from the oppression of the licenses they bear).
2. Mojo, a program that lets you browse the iTunes libraries of other computers on your network and download the songs to your computer.  This has made for some ravenous music sharing with the roomies.
3. Friends making mp3 cds for me.
4. New releases from some of my favorite bands.

That being said, here is a list of albums I have fallen in love with lately.  If you are cool, you will like these albums too.
-New Surrender by Anberlin
-The Sparrow and the Crow by William Fitzsimmons
-You are My Sunshine by Copeland
-For Emma, Forever Ago by Bon Iver
-Conor Oberst (self-titled)
-For All This by The Early November
-and there are others but I'm writing this at the end of a long day of work and my mind is going blank.

What a wonderful thing to be overwhelmed by.

2 comments:

Shaholla said...

To further your musical overload, have you heard Ray LaMontagne's new album- Gossip in the Grain? Its amazing.

Bearcat said...

my current roomie was just showing me Bon Iver's Skinny Love the other day - that dude has some strong emotion comin through that song