CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Obituary Overhaul

So I was looking through the Sunday paper a couple of days ago and I came across the obituaries. There's some morbid part of me that has to look at all the obits just to see if I know any of them. I think the standard obituary is in serious need some revamping. They are so freaking boring. I mean, come on. Let's spice it up a little. For most people, an obituary is the last thing that will ever be written about them, so give people something to remember. I think that obits should be a celebration of the person's life. Tell funny anecdotes, favorite foods, hobbies, etc. And the main thing I think obituaries should include is cause of death. It makes me so mad when I read those stupid things because I just want to know how they died. Maybe when we check the little box to become organ donors when we get a drivers license we can have an option of releasing cause of death on an obituary. I don't know, these are all just random thoughts.

4 comments:

Cal said...

Interesting. I agree they need to be jazzed up.

cara said...

yes. morbid post, however, i appreciated it. adding cause of death would make your reading more humorous at the least.

leah marie. said...

hmm...i like that idea. maybe they could include a picture and then a fun fact column to the left hand side of the obituary listing those specific things...

Mere O. said...

Wes, will you write my obituary?